Current vacancies in Recovery Plus
About the opportunity
The Psychosocial Recovery Coach’s objective is to develop a recovery-enabling relationship to support participants with their recovery planning.
Your role will involve coaching the participant to increase their recovery skills through strengthening their personal capacity to coordinate their supports, assisting them in decision-making to take to achieve their goals and building their emotional resilience.
You will self-direct and manage their supports through recovery planning while also being responsible for linking them to mainstream or community services (i.e., housing, education, transport, health) and broader systems of support.
The position of a Psychosocial Recovery Coach involves outreach work, wherein you will engage in one-on-one support with participants at their place of residence, and subsequently facilitate any necessary administrative tasks from your own home.
This will be achieved by
- Supporting the participant to select their preferred options or providers
- Conducting any assessments that correlate with their support plan (e.g., biopsychosocial assessment)
- Liaising with allied health and NDIS funded providers/stakeholders as including addressing any service issues, complaints and major changes to the participants support
- Researching local providers for activities of their choice
You will also be required to monitor the participant’s NDIS budget and funding as well as supporting and assisting them with preparing for plan reviews
Key selection criteria
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A Certificate IV in Mental Health or a Bachelor’sDegree in Psychology/related field (includes currently studying) and/or 1 years’experience in the mental health sector or related field
- Availability for a minimum of 3 days per week
- Minimum probationary driver’s license and fully comprehensive car insurance (business cover)
- Evidence of COVID booster vaccination or valid medical exemption
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to manage an individual case load and perform tasks autonomously
- Organisation of your timetable/roster to meet specific deadlines
- Completion of progress reports as per NDIS requirements
- The ability to write clear and concise comprehensive case notes
You must also hold/be willing to obtain the following:
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Working with Children's Check
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- COVID-19 Training and Infection Control Certificate
- NDIS Orientation Certificate
What we offer
- A flexible work environment with an emphasis on work life balance
- A welcoming work culture and supportive team at the head office that will provide you with training, supervision and mentorship
- Opportunities for growth within the organisation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Star of the Month Program
Our organisational values of empathy, respect, integrity, quality and reliability are what make Recovery Plus Support such a positive place to develop your career in the mental health sector. Join us today and be a part of a dedicated provider that strives to make a difference in the NDIS space!