Selection Criteria/Key Competencies
- Certificate III or IV in Community, Aged Care, Disability or Mental Health
- Previous experience as a Support Worker.
- Minimum 3 days Full time availability during the week.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, Driver’s License and ability to travel with third party insurance.
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one.
- Current National Criminal History Check or willingness to obtain one.
- Current Working with Children’s Check or willingness to obtain one.
- Prove you have the rights to work in Australia.
- A genuine desire to provide quality care and enhance the lives of our clients.
- Reliable, responsible attitude towards work and able to commit to regular hours ongoing.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Access to smart phone.
- Ability to provide a person-centered approach that empowers the client’s independence and choice.
- Experience in managing challenging behaviours and ensuring a safe environment for the client.
- Flexibility to work hours that meet the needs of our clients i.e. morning, day, afternoon, evening, night, sleepovers, active nights, weekend, public holidays.